- A thorny deciduous small tree or shrub <em>(Ziziphus jujuba)</em> native to Asia, widely cultivated for its edible fruit.
- The small sweet greenish to red fruit of this tree.
- Any of various other trees or shrubs of the genus <em>Ziziphus</em> bearing edible fruit.
- A fruit-flavored candy or lozenge.
- The name of several species of plants of the genus <em>Zizyphus.</em>
- The edible fruit of these plants.
- A confection made of gum arabic or gelatin, sweetened and flavored so as to resemble the jujube-fruit. Also called <internalXref urlencoded="jujube%20paste">jujube paste</internalXref>, a name originally applied to a jelly made from the jujube.
- The sweet and edible drupes (fruits) of several Mediterranean and African species of small trees, of the genus Zizyphus, especially the <spn>Zizyphus jujuba</spn>, <spn>Zizyphus vulgaris</spn>, <spn>Zizyphus mucronata</spn>, and <spn>Zizyphus Lotus</spn>. The last named is thought to have furnished the lotus of the ancient Libyan <ex>Lotophagi</ex>, or lotus eaters.
- A chewy gelatinous lozenge made of or in imitation of, or flavored with, the jujube fruit.
- the dried or inspissated jelly of the jujube; also, a confection made of gum arabic sweetened.
- The sweet and edible <xref>drupes</xref> (fruits) of several Mediterranean and African species of small trees.
- a fruit-bearing <xref>tree</xref>, <xref>Ziziphus zizyphus</xref>
- The fruit of this tree, also known as <xref>Chinese date</xref> and fructus jujubae
- A type of candy; specific type varies by country.
- chewy fruit-flavored jellied candy (sometimes medicated to soothe a sore throat)
- spiny tree having dark red edible fruits
- dark red plumlike fruit of Old World buckthorn trees