- Any of various evergreen trees or shrubs of the genus <em>Juniperus,</em> having needlelike or scalelike, often pointed leaves and aromatic, bluish-gray, berrylike seed-bearing cones.
- The American larch, <em>Larix laricina.</em>
- The black spruce, <em>Picea Mariana.</em>
- The ground-hemlock, <em>Taxus Canadensis.</em>
- coniferous evergreen shrub or tree, belonging to the genus <em>Juniperus.</em>
- Bitter; sharp; severe.
- Any evergreen shrub or tree, of the genus Juniperus and order Coniferæ.
- the larva of a geometrid moth (<spn>Drepanodes varus</spn>). It feeds upon the leaves of the juniper, and mimics the small twigs both in form and color, in a remarkable manner.
- any <xref>shrub</xref> or <xref>tree</xref> of the <xref>genus</xref> Juniperus of the <xref>cypress</xref> <xref>family</xref>; characterized by <xref>pointed</xref>, needle-like <xref>leaves</xref> and <xref>aromatic</xref> berry-like <xref>cones</xref>.
- certain <xref>coniferous</xref> trees which resemble junipers.
- desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers; constitutes the juniper of the Old Testament; sometimes placed in genus Genista
- coniferous shrub or small tree with berrylike cones