- Private as distinguished from public or international law.
- The law of a particular state as distinguished from the <em>jus gentium</em>, or law of nations.
- In <em>common law</em>, the rights of a husband.
- Law; right; particularly, what is declared to be law or right by a judge; matter of rule administered by a magistrate.
- A Middle English form of <internalXref urlencoded="juice">juice</internalXref>.
- The juices that are a by-product of roasting meat
- A rich, lightly reduced <xref>stock</xref> used as a sauce for roasted meats