- A toy musical instrument with a membrane that produces a buzzing sound when a player hums or sings into the mouthpiece.
- A so-called musical instrument or toy, consisting of a wooden tube of peculiar shape, containing a vibrating strip of catgut.
- A kind of toy or rude musical instrument, as a tube inside of which is a stretched string or membrane made to vibrate by singing or humming into the tube.
- a simple <xref>musical instrument</xref> consisting of a pipe with a hole in it, producing a buzzing sound when the <xref>player</xref> <xref>hums</xref> into it.
- to play the kazoo.
- a toy wind instrument that has a membrane that makes a sound when you hum into the mouthpiece