- The state or quality of being lax.
- The quality of being lax; looseness; slackness; want of material firmness, tension, or coherence.
- Relaxedness; want of retentiveness: as, <em>laxity</em> of the bowels.
- Slackness of force or energy; lack of vigor or strictness; weakness; remissness.
- Openness; roominess.
- The state or quality of being lax; lack of tenseness, strictness, or exactness.
- The state of being <xref>lax</xref>; <xref>looseness</xref>, lack of tension.
- Moral looseness; lack of <xref>rigorousness</xref> or <xref>strictness</xref>.
- the condition of being physiologically lax
- the quality of being lax and neglectful