- To make legal or lawful; authorize or sanction by law.
- To make lawful; render conformable to law, either by previous authorization or by giving the sanction of law to what has already been done; authorize; sanction; justify.
- In <em>theology</em>, to interpret or apply Seripture in the spirit of legalism. Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="legalise">legalise</internalXref>.
- To make legal.
- To interpret or apply in a legal spirit.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>legalise</xref>.
- make legal