- To separate (the metals in an alloy) by melting the more fusible constituents while leaving the less fusible ones solid.
- To melt; liquefy; specifically, in <em>metallurgy</em>, to separate, as one metal from another less fusible, by applying just sufficient heat to melt the more easily liquefiable, so that it can be run off from the other. Also <internalXref urlencoded="eliquate">eliquate</internalXref>.
- To become liquefied or dissolved; melt.
- To melt; to become liquid.
- To separate by fusion, as a more fusible from a less fusible material.
- To <xref>separate</xref> by <xref>fusion</xref>, as a more <xref>fusible</xref> from a less fusible material.