- The act of liquidating; the act of adjusting debts, or ascertaining their amount or the balance of them due.
- The act or process of liquidating; the state of being liquidated.
- to turn over to a trustee one's assets and accounts, in order that the several amounts of one's indebtedness may be authoritatively ascertained, and that the assets may be applied toward their discharge.
- The <xref>act</xref> of <xref>exchange</xref> of an <xref>asset</xref> of lesser <xref>liquidity</xref> with a more liquid one, such as <xref>cash</xref>.
- The selling of the assets of a business as part of the process of dissolving the business.
- the act of exterminating
- termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities
- the murder of a competitor