- To wash or percolate the soluble matter from (solid material).
- To subject to the process of lixiviation; form into lye; impregnate with salts from wood-ashes: as, <em>lixiviated</em> water.
- Pertaining to lye or lixivium; of the nature of alkaline salts.
- Impregnated with salts from wood-ashes.
- Of or pertaining to lye or lixivium; of the quality of alkaline salts.
- Impregnated with salts from wood ashes.
- To subject to a washing process for the purpose of separating soluble material from that which is insoluble; to leach, as ashes, for the purpose of extracting the alkaline substances.
- To <xref>separate</xref> (a substance) into <xref>soluble</xref> and <xref>insoluble</xref> components through <xref>percolation</xref>; to <xref>leach</xref>.
- Of or relating to <xref>lye</xref> or <xref>lixivium</xref>; of the quality of <xref>alkaline</xref> <xref>salts</xref>.
- <xref>Impregnated</xref> with <xref>salts</xref> from <xref>wood</xref> <xref>ashes</xref>.