- Any of a diverse group of monkeys of the genus <em>Macaca</em> of Asia, Gibraltar, and northern Africa, and including the Barbary ape and the rhesus monkey.
- A monkey of the genus <em>Macacus</em>; one of the several kinds of monkeys coming between baboons and the African mangabeys.
- Any one of several species of short-tailed monkeys of the genus Macaca (formerly Macacus), found in rocky regions of Asia and Africa.
- Any of a group of Old World <xref>monkeys</xref> of the genus <xref>Macaca</xref>.
- short-tailed monkey of rocky regions of Asia and Africa