- A light yellow to moderate orange yellow.
- A cereal plant, <em>Zea Mays</em>, of the grass family; the Indian corn.
- The grain produced by the maize: Indian Corn.
- A coal-tar color, the sodium salt of the disulphonic acid of azoxy-stilbene. It dyes silk and wool reddish-yellow in an acid bath. Also called <internalXref urlencoded="sun-yellow">sun-yellow</internalXref>.
- A large species of American grass of the genus Zea (<spn>Zea Mays</spn>), widely cultivated as a forage and food plant; Indian corn, commonly called <altname>corn</altname>. Also, its seed, growing on cobs, and used as food for men and animals.
- a South American bird of the genus Pseudoleistes, allied to the troupials.
- a delicate pale yellow.
- <xref>Corn</xref>; a type of grain of the species Zea mays.
- a strong yellow color
- tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties; the principal cereal in Mexico and Central and South America since pre-Columbian times