- Impressive or beautiful in a dignified or inspiring way. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> grand</strong>.
- Possessing majesty; having dignity of nature or appearance; of stately character; august.
- Characteristic of or manifesting majesty; lofty; grand; sublime: as, a <em>majestic</em> mien.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Majestic, August, Stately</em>; magnificent, imperial, regal, royal, noble. <em>Stately</em> is generally applied to the merely external, and sometimes to the wholly artificial: as, a <em>stately</em> etiquette. The <em>majestic</em> and <em>august</em> are natnral, <em>majestic</em> applying to the appearance, <em>august</em> to the character, while <em>stately</em> often applies to motion: as, a <em>stately</em> walk. <em>August</em>, as applied to persons, implies respect combined with awe on the part of the beholder: as, George Washington is the most <em>august</em> personage in American history. See <internalXref urlencoded="grand">grand</internalXref>.
- Possessing or exhibiting majesty; of august dignity, stateliness, or imposing grandeur; lofty; noble; grand.
- Having qualities of <xref>splendor</xref> or <xref>royalty</xref>.
- majestic in manner or bearing; superior to mundane matters
- having or displaying great dignity or nobility
- belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler