- Of or relating to a jaw or jawbone, especially the upper one.
- A maxillary bone; a jawbone.
- The posterior of the two bones which border the upper jaw in osseous fishes. It usually bears teeth in the soft-rayed fishes, but in the spiny-rayed fishes the teeth are confined to the prem axillary.
- Of or pertaining in any way to a jaw or jaw-bone; specifically, of or pertaining to the maxilla alone, in any of the special senses of that word: as, the <em>maxillary</em> bones of a vertebrate; the <em>maxillary</em> palps of an insect.
- A jawbone; a maxillary bone, or maxilla.
- Of or relating to the <xref>jaw</xref> or <xref>jawbone</xref>
- The <xref>jawbone</xref>
- of or relating to the upper jaw
- the jaw in vertebrates that is fused to the cranium