- Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.
- Being the greatest or highest possible.
- An element in an ordered set that is followed by no other.
- Of the highest or maximum value, etc.; being a maximum.
- <xref>Largest</xref>, <xref>greatest</xref> (in <xref>magnitude</xref>), <xref>highest</xref>, <xref>most</xref>.
- The element of a set with the greatest <xref>magnitude</xref>.
- Said of an <xref>ideal</xref> of a <xref>ring</xref> or a <xref>filter</xref> of a <xref>lattice</xref>: that it is as large as it can be without being <xref>trivial</xref> (improper).
- Said of a set of <xref>well-formed formulas</xref>: that it is as large as it can be without being <xref>inconsistent</xref>; i.e., that for any wff φ, the set contains either φ or ~φ.
- the greatest or most complete or best possible