- Any of numerous heterotrophic eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Metazoa, characteristically having a multicellular body with cells differentiated into tissues; an animal.
- Of or pertaining to the <em>Metazoa.</em>
- A member of the <em>Metazoa</em>; a metazoön.
- One of the Metazoa.
- Any <xref>animal</xref> that undergoes <xref>development</xref> from an <xref>embryo</xref> stage with three <xref>tissue</xref> layers, namely the <xref>ectoderm</xref>, <xref>mesoderm</xref>, and <xref>endoderm</xref>. The term applies to all animals except the <xref>sponges</xref>.
- Having to do with <xref>animals</xref> that develop from an <xref>embryo</xref> with three <xref>tissue</xref> layers.
- any animal of the subkingdom Metazoa; all animals except protozoans and sponges