- To reduce to the smallest possible amount, extent, size, or degree.
- To represent as having the least degree of importance, value, or size.
- To reduce to a minimum, or to the lowest terms or proportions; make as little or slight as possible; also, to depreciate; treat slightingly: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="minimize">minimize</internalXref> the chances of war. Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="minimise">minimise</internalXref>.
- To reduce to the smallest part or proportion possible; to reduce to a minimum.
- To represent, to oneself or others, as of no importance or minimal importance or effect; to belittle or disarage.
- To make (something) as <xref>small</xref> or as <xref>insignificant</xref> as possible.
- To remove (a <xref>window</xref>) from the main display area, collapsing it to an <xref>icon</xref> or <xref>caption</xref>.
- represent as less significant or important
- cause to seem less serious; play down
- make small or insignificant