- In <em>Spanish history</em>: A member of a body of Catalonian banditti who infested the Pyrenees in the 17th century.
- A Spanish guerrilla soldier in the Peninsular War; also one of a corps of irregulars employed by Napoleon in 1808 against the Spaniards.
- In modern Spain, the designation of the soldiers of certain local regiments of infantry, chiefly employed on escort duties.
- An irregular or partisan soldier; a bandit.
- An <xref>irregular</xref> or <xref>partisan</xref> <xref>soldier</xref>; a <xref>bandit</xref>.