- A fore-and-aft sail set on the mizzenmast.
- A mizzenmast.
- Noting the hindmost pair of horns in a five-horned giraffe, a small pair of projections arising from the lambdoid crest, back of the larger frontal horns.
- <em>Nautical</em>, the aftermost fore-and-aft sail in a ship, set abaft the mizzenmast, and having its head extended by a gaff; a spanker. See <internalXref urlencoded="spanker">spanker</internalXref>.
- Hindmost; nearest the stern
- The hindmost of the fore and aft sails of a three-masted vessel; also, the spanker.
- A <xref>fore-and-aft</xref> sail set on a mizzenmast.
- third mast from the bow in a vessel having three or more masts; the after and shorter mast of a yawl, ketch, or dandy
- fore-and-aft sail set on the mizzenmast