- To assemble, prepare, or put into active service.
- To assemble, marshal, or coordinate for a purpose.
- To become mobilized.
- To put in motion or in readiness for motion.
- In naval affairs, more rarely, to make corresponding preparation of a fleet or squadron for active service on a war footing.
- <em>Milit.</em>, to prepare for motion or action; make ready for active operations, or for taking the field.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="mobilise">mobilise</internalXref>.
- To assemble and organize and make ready for use or action.
- To put in a state of readiness for active service in war, as an army corps.
- To make something <xref>mobile</xref>.
- To <xref>assemble</xref> <xref>troops</xref> and their <xref>equipment</xref> in a <xref>coordinated</xref> fashion so as to be ready for <xref>war</xref>.
- To become made ready for war.
- call to arms; of military personnel
- cause to move around
- get ready for war
- make ready for action or use