- Any of various small, silvery, mainly tropical marine fishes of the family Gerreidae, having a very protrusible mouth.
- See <internalXref urlencoded="moharra">moharra</internalXref>.
- Any of certain basslike marine fishes (mostly of tropical seas, and having a deep, compressed body, protracile mouth, and large silvery scales) constituting the family <ex>Gerridæ</ex>, as <spn>Gerres plumieri</spn>, found from Florida to Brazil and used as food. Also, any of numerous other fishes of similar appearance but belonging to other families.
- A <xref>perciform</xref> <xref>fish</xref> often used as <xref>bait</xref>.
- small silvery schooling fishes with protrusible mouths found in warm coastal waters