- To convert (an asset) into cash, as by selling the asset or using it as security for a loan.
- To convert into a source of income.
- To express or render in terms of money.
- To purchase (government debt) in the open market using central bank funds, leading to an expansion of the money supply.
- To establish (a metal) as a currency, especially by minting coins.
- To convert (an economy or sector) from a system of barter to one based on the exchange of money.
- To give the character of money to; legalize as money; coin into money.
- To convert into money; to adopt as current money.
- To <xref>convert</xref> something (especially a <xref>security</xref>) into <xref>currency</xref>
- To <xref>mint</xref> <xref>money</xref>
- To establish a currency as <xref>legal tender</xref>
- To make a business activity profit-generating, particularly in computer and internet-related activities.
- give legal value to or establish as the legal tender of a country