- The crier who calls the faithful to prayer five times a day.
- In Mohammedan countries, a crier who proclaims from the minaret of a mosque (when the mosque has one, otherwise from the side of the mosque) the regular hours of prayer. These hours are dawn, noon, four o'clock in the afternoon, sunset, and nightfall.
- A Mohammedan crier of the hour of prayer; the Moslem official of a mosque who summons the faithful to prayer from a minaret five times a day.
- The person who issues the call to prayer from one of the <xref>minarets</xref> of a <xref>mosque</xref>.
- the Muslim official of a mosque who summons the faithful to prayer from a minaret five times a day