- Any of several small deer of the genus <em>Muntiacus</em> of South and Southeast Asia, having short antlers and a barklike call.
- A small deer of Java, <em>Cervulus muntjac</em>, belonging to the subfamily <em>Cervulinæ.</em>
- Any one of several species of small Asiatic deer of the genus Cervulus, esp. <spn>Cervulus muntjac</spn>, which occurs both in India and on the East Indian Islands.
- Any of various species of east Asian deer of the genus Muntiacus, having short antlers and a barking call.
- small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark