- To make nasal or produce nasal sounds.
- To render nasal, as the sound of a letter or syllable by modification or addition.
- To speak or pronounce with a nasal sound; speak through the nose.
- To utter words or letters with a nasal sound; to speak through the nose; to pronounce with a lowered velum.
- To render nasal, as sound; to insert a nasal or sound in.
- To <xref>speak</xref> through the <xref>nose</xref>.
- To make a <xref>nasal</xref> <xref>sound</xref> when <xref>speaking</xref>.
- To lower the <xref>uvula</xref> so that air flows through the nose during the <xref>articulation</xref> of a speech sound.
- pronounce with a lowered velum
- speak nasally or through the nose