- A means of connection; a link or tie.
- A connected series or group.
- The core or center.
- Tie; connection; interdependence existing between the several members or individuals of a series or group.
- In <em>medieval music</em>, melodic motion by skips.
- In <em>Roman law</em>:
- A free-born person who had contracted the obligation called <internalXref urlencoded="nexum">nexum</internalXref>, and thus became liable to be seized by his creditor if he failed to pay, and to be compelled to serve him until the debt was discharged.
- The bond or obligation by which such a person was held.
- Connection; tie.
- a form of <xref>connection</xref>
- a <xref>connected</xref> <xref>group</xref>
- the <xref>centre</xref> of <xref>something</xref>
- a connected series or group
- the means of connection between things linked in series