- Not so; no.
- To forbid, refuse, or veto.
- A water sprite of German mythology, usually in human form or half-human and half-fish.
- Nothing; as an answer, nothing; also, by extension, as adverb, no.
- See the quotation.
- In <em>Teut, myth.</em>, a water-spirit, good or bad. The Scotch water-kelpie is a wicked <em>nix.</em> Also written <internalXref urlencoded="nis">nis</internalXref>.
- An exelamation of alarm used by thieves, street Arabs, and others: as, <em>nix</em>, the bobby! (policeman).
- One of a class of water spirits, commonly described as of a mischievous disposition.
- : <xref>nothing</xref>.
- To make something become nothing; to <xref>reject</xref> or <xref>cancel</xref>.
- To <xref>destroy</xref> or <xref>eradicate</xref>.
- A treacherous water-spirit; a <xref>nixie</xref>.
- a quantity of no importance
- command against