- Abusively detractive language or utterance; calumny.
- The condition of disgrace suffered as a result of abuse or vilification; ill repute.
- Contumelious or abusive language addressed to or aimed at another; calumny; abuse; reviling.
- That which causes reproach or detraction; an act or a condition which occasions abuse or reviling.
- The state of one stigmatized; odium; disgrace; shame; infamy.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Opprobrium, Infamy</em>, etc. (see <internalXref urlencoded="ignominy">ignominy</internalXref>); censure, blame, detraction, calumny, aspersion; scandal, slander, defamation, dishonor, disgrace.
- Censorious speech; defamatory language; language that casts contempt on men or their actions; blame; reprehension.
- Cause of reproach; disgrace.
- Abusive language.
- Disgrace suffered from abusive language.
- state of disgrace resulting from public abuse
- a false accusation of an offense or a malicious misrepresentation of someone's words or actions