- Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.
- Promptly obedient or submissive to the will of another; ever ready to obey, serve, or assist; compliant; dutiful.
- Hence Servilely complaisant; showing a mean readiness to fall in with the will of another; cringing; fawning; sycophantic.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> Servile, slavish, sycophantic. See <internalXref urlencoded="obedience">obedience</internalXref>.
- Funereal; pertaining to funeral rites.
- Absorbed in grief, as a mourner at a funeral.
- Promptly obedient, or submissive, to the will of another; compliant; yielding to the desires of another; devoted.
- Servilely or meanly attentive; compliant to excess; cringing; fawning.
- Of or pertaining to obsequies; funereal.
- <xref>Obedient</xref>, compliant with someone else's orders or wishes.
- Excessively <xref>eager</xref> to please or to <xref>obey</xref> all instructions; <xref>fawning</xref>, <xref>subservient</xref>.
- Of or pertaining to <xref>obsequies</xref>, <xref>funereal</xref>.
- attentive in an ingratiating or servile manner
- attempting to win favor from influential people by flattery