- To make as perfect or effective as possible.
- To increase the computing speed and efficiency of (a program), as by rewriting instructions.
- To make the most of.
- To hold or express the doctrines or belief of an optimist.
- To take the most hopeful view of a matter; hold or maintain hopeful views habitually.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="optimise">optimise</internalXref>.
- To make as useful, effective, or functional as possible.
- To get the most out of; to use to the best effect; to exploit fully.
- (<xref>intransitive</xref>) To act <xref>optimistically</xref> or as an <xref>optimist</xref>.
- To make (something) <xref>optimal</xref>.
- To make (something) more <xref>efficient</xref>, such as a <xref>computer</xref> <xref>program</xref>.
- To become <xref>optimal</xref>.
- modify to achieve maximum efficiency in storage capacity or time or cost
- make optimal; get the most out of; use best
- act as an optimist and take a sunny view of the world