- The combination of a substance with oxygen.
- A reaction in which the atoms of an element lose electrons and the valence of the element is correspondingly increased.
- The act or process of oxidizing, or causing a substance to combine with oxygen.
- The act or process of taking up or combining with oxygen. Also <em>oxidization, oxygenation.</em>
- The act or process of oxidizing, or the state or result of being oxidized.
- The <xref>combination</xref> of a substance with <xref>oxygen</xref>.
- A <xref>reaction</xref> in which the <xref>atoms</xref> of an <xref>element</xref> lose <xref>electrons</xref> and the <xref>valence</xref> of the element <xref>increases</xref>.
- the process of oxidizing; the addition of oxygen to a compound with a loss of electrons; always occurs accompanied by reduction