- A Eurasian primrose <em>(Primula elatior)</em> having yellow flowers clustered in a one-sided umbel.
- The variety <em>elatior</em> of the common primrose, <em>Primula veris</em>, in which the limb of the corolla is broader and flatter and the flowers are raised on a common peduncle. By many it is considered a distinct species.
- The great cowslip (<spn>Primula veris</spn>, var. elatior).
- The plant Primula elatior, similar to <xref>cowslip</xref> but with larger, pale yellow flowers.
- Eurasian primrose with yellow flowers clustered in a one-sided umbel