- A sudden outburst of emotion or action.
- A sudden attack, recurrence, or intensification of a disease.
- A spasm or fit; a convulsion.
- In <em>medicine</em>, a fit of any disease; periodical exacerbation of a disease.
- Hence Any sudden and violent action; spasmodic affection or action; convulsion; fit.
- Figuratively, a quarrel.
- The fit, attack, or exacerbation, of a disease that occurs at intervals, or has decided remissions or intermissions.
- Any sudden and violent emotion; spasmodic passion or action; a convulsion; a fit.
- A <xref>random</xref> or <xref>sudden</xref> <xref>outburst</xref> (of activity).
- An <xref>explosive</xref> event during a <xref>volcanic</xref> eruption.
- A sudden recurrence of a <xref>disease</xref>.
- a sudden uncontrollable attack