- Inlay of wood, often of different colors, that is worked into a geometric pattern or mosaic and is used especially for floors.
- A mosaic of woodwork used for floors, wainscoting, and the like.
- A species of joinery or cabinet-work consisting of an inlay of geometric or other patterns, generally of different colors, -- used especially for floors.
- The technique of applying wooden tiles or <xref>veneers</xref> to create a decorative geometrical pattern on floors, furniture etc.
- a patterned wood inlay used to cover a floor