- An adherent of a party or faction; one who is passionately or very earnestly devoted to a party or interest; specifically, one whose judgment or perception is clouded by a prejudiced adherence to his party.
- <em>Milit.</em>, a member of a party or detachment of troops sent on a special enterprise; also, the leader of such a party.
- Of or pertaining to a party or faction; strongly biased in favor of a party or interest.
- <em>Milit.</em>, engaged on a special enterprise: as, a <em>partizan</em> corps.
- A longhandled cutting weapon used in England and Scotland from the fourteenth to the sixteenth century: a name including also the halberd, fauchard, roncone, etc.
- A man, as a soldier or a guardian of the peace, armed with a partizan.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>partisan</xref>.
- A weapon of the 16th and 17th centuries consisting of a <xref>pike</xref> with a long double-edged blade, similar to a <xref>halberd</xref>.
- devoted to a cause or party
- an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity
- a pike with a long tapering double-edged blade with lateral projections; 16th and 17th centuries