- A small flat tablet adorned with a sacred image that worshipers kiss when offered the kiss of peace.
- The kiss of peace.
- A time of wide-ranging stability when there is only a single dominant power. Used with a Latinized name.
- In the <em>Roman Catholic Church</em>, a small tablet ornamented with a representation of some Christian scene or symbol.
- The kiss of peace. See <internalXref urlencoded="kiss">kiss</internalXref>.
- The kiss of peace; also, the embrace in the sanctuary now substituted for it at High Mass in Roman Catholic churches.
- A tablet or board, on which is a representation of Christ, of the Virgin Mary, or of some saint and which, in the Mass, was kissed by the priest and then by the people, in mediæval times; an osculatory. It is still used in communities, confraternities, etc.
- Friendship, or a friend; -- esp. in the phrases <ex>to make pax with</ex>, to make friends with, <ex>to be good pax</ex>, to be good friends; also, truce; -- used esp. interjectionally.
- A painted, stamped or carved tablet with a representation of Christ or the Virgin Mary, which was kissed by the priest during the Mass ("kiss of peace") and then passed to other officiating clergy and the congregation to be kissed. See also <xref>osculatory</xref>.
- <xref>passenger</xref>; <xref>passengers</xref>
- A cry for <xref>peace</xref> or <xref>truce</xref> in children's games.
- (Roman Catholic Church) a greeting signifying Christian love for those assisting at the Eucharist