- A strongly flavored black tobacco grown in Louisiana and used in various blends.
- A tobacco, grown in Louisiana, cured in its juices and put up in carrots.
- A tobacco produced in limited quantity in Louisiana by the descendants of the Acadians, mostly in St. James Parish.
- The variety of tobacco-plant from which perique tobacco is made.
- A kind of tobacco with medium-sized leaf, small stem, tough and gummy fiber, raised in Louisiana, and cured in its own juices, so as to be very dark colored, usually black. It is marketed in tightly wrapped rolls called carottes.