- A payment, profit, or benefit received in addition to a regular wage or salary, especially when due or expected.
- Something regarded or claimed as an exclusive right by virtue of one's social position or rank: <i>synonym</i>: <strong> right</strong>.
- A gratuity; a tip.
- An incidental emolument, profit, gain, or fee, over and above the fixed or settled income, salary, or wages; something received incidentally and in addition to regular wages, salary, fees, etc.
- In <em>law</em>, whatever one gets by industry or purchases with his money, as distinguished from things which come to him by descent.
- That may or must be sought out.
- Something gained from a place or employment over and above the ordinary salary or fixed wages for services rendered; especially, a fee allowed by law to an officer for a specific service.
- Things gotten by a man's own industry, or purchased with his own money, as opposed to things which come to him by descent.
- Any <xref>monetary</xref> or other <xref>incidental</xref> <xref>benefit</xref> beyond <xref>salary</xref>.
- A <xref>gratuity</xref>.
- A <xref>privilege</xref> or <xref>possession</xref> held or claimed <xref>exclusively</xref> by a certain person, group or class.
- an incidental benefit awarded for certain types of employment (especially if it is regarded as a right)
- a right reserved exclusively by a particular person or group (especially a hereditary or official right)