- Of or involving clever rogues or adventurers.
- Of or relating to a genre of usually satiric prose fiction originating in Spain and depicting in realistic, often humorous detail the adventures of a roguish hero of low social degree living by his or her wits in a corrupt society.
- One that is picaresque.
- Pertaining to or dealing with rogues or picaroons: said of literary productions that deal with the fortunes of rogues or adventurers, and especially of works in Spanish literature about the beginning of the seventeenth century, of which “Guzman de Alfarache” was a type.
- Applied to that class of literature in which the principal personage is the Spanish <ex>picaro</ex>, meaning a rascal, a knave, a rogue, an adventurer.
- Of or pertaining to <xref>rogues</xref> or <xref>adventurers</xref>
- Characteristic of a <xref>genre</xref> of <xref>Spanish</xref> <xref>satiric</xref> <xref>novel</xref> dealing with the <xref>adventures</xref> of a <xref>roguish</xref> <xref>hero</xref>
- A picaresque novel.
- involving clever rogues or adventurers especially as in a type of fiction