- Of, suggesting, or suitable for a picture.
- Striking or interesting in an unusual way; irregularly or quaintly attractive.
- Strikingly expressive or vivid.
- Picture-like; possessing notably original and pleasing qualities such as would be effective in a picture; forming or fitted to form an interesting or striking picture, as a mountain waterfall, or a pine-covered headland, or a gay costume amid appropriate surroundings.
- Strikingly graphic or vivid; abounding or diversified with striking and vivid imagery: as, <em>picturesque</em> language.
- Forming, or fitted to form, a good or pleasing picture; representing with the clearness or ideal beauty appropriate to a picture; expressing that peculiar kind of beauty which is agreeable in a picture, natural or artificial; graphic; vivid
- Resembling or worthy of a <xref>picture</xref> or <xref>painting</xref>; having the qualities of a picture or painting. <xref>scenic</xref>
- strikingly expressive
- suggesting or suitable for a picture; pretty as a picture