- A fairy: so called in rural parts of England, and associated with the “fairy rings” of old pastures, in which they are suppoed to dance by moonlight.
- An old English name for a fairy; an elf.
- A low creeping evergreen plant (<spn>Pyxidanthera barbulata</spn>), with mosslike leaves and little white blossoms, found in New Jersey and southward, where it flowers in earliest spring.
- a fairy ring or circle.
- a toadstool or mushroom.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>pixie</xref>.
- creeping evergreen shrub having narrow overlapping leaves and early white star-shaped flowers; of the pine barrens of New Jersey and the Carolinas
- (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous