- A public square or similar open area in a town or city.
- A widened roadway forming the approach to tollbooths on a highway.
- A parking or service area next to a highway.
- A shopping center.
- A public square or open space surrounded by houses in a Spanish or Spanish-American town or city; a marketplace in such a town: as, the <em>Plaza</em> of San Francisco.
- A public square in a city or town.
- a town’s public <xref>square</xref>.
- an open area used for gathering in a city, often having small trees and sitting benches.
- a public square with room for pedestrians
- mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace