- A disease such as chickenpox or smallpox, characterized by purulent skin eruptions that may leave pockmarks.
- Misfortune or calamity.
- A disease characterized by eruptive pocks or pustules upon the body.
- To communicate the pox or venereal disease to.
- To infect with the pox, or syphilis.
- Strictly, a disease by pustules or eruptions of any kind, but chiefly or wholly restricted to three or four diseases, -- the smallpox, the chicken pox, and the vaccine and the venereal diseases.
- A <xref>disease</xref> characterized by <xref>purulent</xref> <xref>skin</xref> <xref>eruptions</xref> that may leave <xref>pockmarks</xref>.
- To <xref>infect</xref> with the pox, or <xref>syphilis</xref>.
- a common venereal disease caused by the treponema pallidum spirochete; symptoms change through progressive stages; can be congenital (transmitted through the placenta)
- a contagious disease characterized by purulent skin eruptions that may leave pock marks