- A glazed, brittle biscuit that is usually salted on the outside and baked in the form of a loose knot or stick.
- A small brittle biscuit, usually baked in the form of a knot, and salted on the outside; a cracknel.
- A kind of German biscuit or cake in the form of a twisted ring, salted on the outside.
- A toasted <xref>bread</xref> or <xref>cracker</xref> usually in the shape of a loose <xref>knot</xref>.
- Anything that is knotted, <xref>twisted</xref>, or <xref>tangled</xref>.
- glazed and salted cracker typically in the shape of a loose knot