- Tediously prolonged; wordy.
- Tending to speak or write at excessive length. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> wordy</strong>.
- Long; extended.
- Of long duration.
- Long and wordy; extending to a great length; diffuse: as, a <em>prolix</em> oration or sermon.
- Indulging in lengthy discourse; discussing at great length; tedious: as, a <em>prolix</em> speaker or writer.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> Long, lengthy, wordy, long-winded, spun out, prolonged.
- Tiresome, wearisome.
- Extending to a great length; unnecessarily long; minute in narration or argument; excessively particular in detail; -- rarely used except with reference to discourse written or spoken
- Indulging in protracted discourse; tedious; wearisome; -- applied to a speaker or writer.
- Tediously <xref>lengthy</xref>.
- Tending to use <xref>large</xref> or <xref>obscure</xref> <xref>words</xref>, which few <xref>understand</xref>.
- tediously prolonged or tending to speak or write at great length