- Nearest; proximate.
- Nearer to a point of reference such as an origin, a point of attachment, or the midline of the body.
- Proximate; nearest; next.
- In <em>zoology</em>, the comparatively fixed or basal extremity of a limb or of an organism.
- Toward or nearest, as to a body, or center of motion of dependence; proximate.
- Situated near the point of attachment or origin.
- Of or pertaining to that which is proximal. Opposed to <ant>distal</ant>.
- Closer to the point of <xref>attachment</xref> or observation.
- situated nearest to point of attachment or origin