- Of, relating to, or containing quantities of the second degree.
- In <em>algebra</em>, involving the square and no higher power of the unknown quantity or variable of the second degree; of two dimensions.
- In <em>crystallography</em>, tetragonal or dimetric: applied to the system that includes the square prism and related forms. See <internalXref urlencoded="crystallography">crystallography</internalXref>.
- In <em>algebra</em>, an equation in which the highest power of the unknown quantity is the second, the general form being
- <em>plural</em> That branch of algebra which treats of quadratic equations.
- Of or pertaining to a square, or to squares; resembling a quadrate, or square; square.
- Pertaining to terms of the second degree.
- of a polynomial, involving the second power (square) of a variable but no higher powers, as .
- of an equation, of the form .
- of a <xref>function</xref>, of the form .
- A quadratic polynomial, function or equation.
- a polynomial of the second degree
- an equation in which the highest power of an unknown quantity is a square
- of or relating to the second power
- of or relating to or resembling a square