- The large four-part extensor muscle at the front of the thigh.
- In <em>anatomy</em>, the quadriceps extensor cruris of the thigh; the great muscle which extends the leg upon the thigh, considered as consisting of the rectus, cruræus, and vastus internus and externus.
- The great extensor muscle of the knee, divided above into four parts which unite in a single tendon at the knee.
- A <xref>muscle</xref> having four heads, especially the large <xref>extensor</xref> at the front of the thigh.
- a muscle of the thigh that extends the leg