- Charmingly odd, especially in an old-fashioned way.
- Unfamiliar or unusual in character; strange.
- Cleverly made or done.
- To acquaint; inform; cause to know.
- Known; familiar.
- Artful; clever; cunning; crafty; wily.
- Artificial; ingenious; elaborate; curious; pretty; elegant; fine.
- Fanciful; odd; whimsical: as, a <em>quaint</em> phrase; a <em>quaint</em> talker.
- Odd and antique; old-fashioned; curious; odd in any way.
- Affectedly nice; squeamish; prim.
- <strong>= Syn.5.</strong> <em>Old, Antique</em>, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="ancient">ancient</internalXref>.
- Prudent; wise; hence, crafty; artful; wily.
- Characterized by ingenuity or art; finely fashioned; skillfully wrought; elegant; graceful; nice; neat.
- Curious and fanciful; affected; odd; whimsical; antique; archaic; singular; unusual
- attractively old-fashioned (but not necessarily authentic)
- very strange or unusual; odd or even incongruous in character or appearance
- strange in an interesting or pleasing way