- A property, such as whiteness, considered independently from things having the property.
- A Middle English form of <internalXref urlencoded="quail">quail</internalXref>.
- A plague; murrain.
- A Middle English dialectal form of <internalXref urlencoded="whale">whale</internalXref>.
- An object named or considered as having a quality.
- Specifically In <em>psychology</em>, in the phrases <em>spatial quale, quote of spatiality</em>, the irreducible element or attribute of spaciousness, bidimensional, tridimensional, or indefinite, posited by nativistic theories of space-perception for some or all sensations.
- A nativistic theory of space perception. See <internalXref urlencoded="quale">quale</internalXref>, 2.
- A property considered separately from a thing having that property.