- Of, relating to, or concerning quality.
- Originally, depending upon qualities; now, non-quantitative; relating to the possession of qualities without reference to the quantities involved; stating that some phenomenon occurs, but without measurement. The word occurs, according to Dr. Fitzedward Hall, in Gaule's <bt>Πῦς</bt>-<bt>μαντία</bt> (1652).
- Relating to quality; having the character of quality.
- analysis which merely determines the constituents of a substance without any regard to the quantity of each ingredient; -- contrasted with <ex>quantitative analysis</ex>.
- of <xref>descriptions</xref> or <xref>distinctions</xref> based on some <xref>quality</xref> rather than on some <xref>quantity</xref>
- of a form of <xref>analysis</xref> that yields the <xref>identity</xref> of a <xref>compound</xref>
- Something qualitative.
- involving distinctions based on qualities
- relating to or involving comparisons based on qualities